Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hoopla

What am I doing home today?  I came here where not a sound is stirring in this big house made of warm wood and beige tile.  There is five floors and when the house was bought dad said the place was called a quad.  Then he built another floor so its called a quint.  A tri-level doesn't have a basement.  Wood frame floors, with porseline tile which is better than ceramic because they raise the temperature another 200 degrees when they made the tile. 

Pergo floors are on the top level and a few leather ottomons.  There is a wood burner in the second to the lower level of the house.  Today I will have to finish a interview on film.   Its for an island assignment and I've done this before where I went to an island to learn about resort properties. We tasted every dish, walked through every suite, ocean front room, and toured the lobbies, excursions, and beach.   Today was also my first day of zumba and salsa dancing.  I don't feel any different so if the calories were wacked off they are back on from my food addictions.  Maybe waiting a few weeks will help to see the zumba results on body.

I made myself a dish of dried cranberries, cherry pie filling, milk, and ccrushed fortune cookies.  I call it the "Red Berry Supreme" after mom was baffled about why I was eating so much sugar at this late hour.  I forgot to mention that I through in a splash of vanilla extract and a few pinches of cinnamon which didn't taste so good.  Later I added asian sesame rice noodles, almonds, and sesame sticks to the experiment. Again, not so good.

I woke up with a dream this morning of a man I used to know who was sitting across from me while we were at some national park eating across from each other at a picnic table.  His eyes were kind but stern and looking right at me to get me attention I assume. I don't know its a dream, only a dream  The dream startled me so sharply that I woke up with his face indented in my mind for the rest of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment